What is the 301 Central Education Foundation?
- A nonprofit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors
- Chartered by the State of Illinois
- Qualified as a 501(C)(3) charitable organization under Internal Revenue code
Who does the Foundation serve?
- 301 Central Community Unit School District students, (2,600 students), in seven schools, serving 4 area townships in Kane County, Illinois.
When and why was the Foundation established?
- Established in January 2008
- Purpose is to acquire and distribute financial resources, materials and services for programs and projects that enhance or supplement educational programs equitably throughout the District.
How is the Foundation different from the PTO, PTA, Booster and other fundraising organizations within District 301 schools?
- The PTO/PTA and booster organizations solicit and provide funds for school-specific projects.
- The 301 Central Education Foundation is the only fundraising entity that represents the entire school district. The Foundation has the ability to accept gifts that are earmarked for very specific programs or causes, as well as accept financial gifts and support that can be spread across all schools and grades of the District. It is the intention of the Foundation to target untapped resources to fund these innovative academic programs.
Is My Donation Tax Deductible?
- Yes. The 301 Central Education Foundation is incorporated as a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization. We will mail each donor a receipt for any contribution made.
How Do I Make a Charitable Donation?