Event date: November 3, 2018
Tickets: $70 per person
Location: Grand Victoria Casino and Banquet Hall in Elgin, IL
Save the date for a rocking fun time at the 2018 Trivia with a Twist!!
Date: Saturday, November 3, 2018
Location: Grand Victoria Casino
Theme: Battle of the Bands
- What is Trivia with a Twist? Every November, the Foundation hosts Trivia With a Twist. Hundreds of community members don their thinking caps for a night of light-hearted trivia competition to benefit the 301 Foundation. Proceeds from this event benefit the District 301 students by helping to fund new programs such as the Incubator project, Vet tech clinic and the mobile app maker program. This event started 11 years ago with a little game called Trivia Schmivia and it has transformed into an annual event that local residents, district supporters and school faculty look forward to every year.
- What if I am not good at trivia? If this is your first time coming to Trivia with a Twist, it’s a ton of fun, and you don’t need to be “good at trivia” to have a great time!
- What are some of the other things that take place during the event? Outside of trivia there are many other fun things that take place during the event such as wine raffle, 50/50 raffle, live auction, silent auction, prize for best dressed, best table, etc.
- What is the date for the event? Saturday, November 3, 2018
- What time is the event? The event will begin at 6:00 pm and ends around 10:30 pm. Guest can stay and dance the night away until midnight. The specific timeline of events will be posted during registration.
- What is the location for the event? The event is held at the newly renovated Grand Victoria Casino and Banquet Hall at 250 S. Grove Avenue in Elgin.
- When will registration open for Trivia with a Twist? Registration will open Saturday, Sept. 1st and will be available on this site. Click here.
- What is included with my ticket purchase? Included with the purchase of your ticket is several rounds of trivia, full sit down meal, select beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- What is the Theme for Trivia Night? The theme for this year’s event is “Battle of the Bands”.
- Table Information:
- What is the maximum number of people per table? 8
- What if we don’t have 8 people? If you aren’t part of a table of 8 don’t fret! We will seat you with some terrific people and you can make some new friends!
- Can I request to be seated with specific people? Yes when registration opens you will have the ability to specify who you would like to sit with.
- Do we need a table name? Yes. All tables will need to provide a name prior to the event. If you know your table name at registration please include it.
- Do we have to decorate our table to go with the theme? That is up to you! Some people decorate their tables in accordance with the table name they have chosen. The theme of this year’s event is “Battle of the Bands”, so there are endless options for fun decorations. Don’t worry if you choose not to decorate, plenty of people just come for the fun and don’t decorate.
- What is the attire for the event? This is a casual event. Trivia participants get creative and dress up based on their table name. There are so many options with this year’s theme “Battle of the Bands”, but do not worry if you choose not to dress according to the theme. There will be plenty people dressed casually and will not be dressed according to the theme.
- Is Food and Beverages Served at the Event? Yes the event includes a full sit down meal, select beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- How are the proceeds that are raised from this event used? Proceeds from this fundraiser support our students as they prepare for college and career readiness. CEF is very excited to be partnering with the district on the new initiatives happening at CHS, beginning in Fall of 2018. Come learn more about what exciting programs are being put into motion for our students.
- Are sponsorship opportunities available? Yes! Your donations will fund several new grants this school year. Corporate exposure at this very popular event is available through a wide range of sponsorship levels. Thank you to all of our past sponsors for all of your generous contributions to allow us to put on our best event to date and be able to fund many new grants this coming spring. For more information about ways you can support the Central Education Foundation please contact us at 847-464-6005 or email [email protected]. Sponsor details: click here.
- Have other questions? Thank you for your interest in Trivia with a Twist. If you have any other questions, please send us an email at [email protected].
Thank you to all of our attendees for making Trivia With a Twist a great success!
Thank you to our wonderful 2017 Sponsors for supporting Trivia with a Twist!
Sponsor details: click here